This is a great vest, and our number one choice for today, for one simple reason – it has the best pockets of all the vests for fly fishing we have seen.
The people we talked to for this review praised the fact that the pockets on this vest were numerous enough, and large enough, to allow a huge range of adaptability. If you like to carry unusual pieces of kit, and find it hard to find space for them in other vests you have tried, we urge you to give this one a go.
If you like to carry unusual pieces of kit, and find it hard to find space for them in other vests you have tried, we urge you to give this one a go.
- It is one of the lightest vests we tested. Whilst you may pride yourself on your strength, and ability to carry heavy gear across rough terrain, trust us – after hours spent out fishing, having a vest that is a few ounces lighter makes all the difference to your comfort, and therefore your ability to stay out there.
- The mesh back of this vest for fly fishing is also a great, innovative feature. It allows air to circulate across your back, keeping you cool on the hottest of days, but unlike some other vests the mesh in this product also feels pretty rugged.
- The cord pulls on the zippers of this vest are also a nice feature, and one that we wish other vests incorporated. They reduce the noise of opening and closing the zippers, and also allow you to reach them more easily.
- The people we spoke to for this review were all shapes and sizes, and many praised the fit of this vest. The straps here allow the vest to fit everyone really well.
- Very few. If you are looking for a vest for fly fishing that will allow you to carry more gear than you are ever going to need, this is the one for you.