Whilst, for most purposes, we prefer waders that come with an incorporated boot, we know there are many of you out there who prefer this type of stocking wader. If you have a pair of trusted boots, and are looking for a pair of similarly reliable waders to pair them with, these are a great option.
The breathable material used here is a marvel, also. Waders like this can sometimes get uncomfortably hot in the Summer, but these waders suffer from no such problem. Even on the hottest days, you will not get too sweaty.
If you have a pair of trusted boots, and are looking for a pair of similarly reliable waders to pair them with, these are a great option.
- The materials used here feel really sturdy. The fabric is a little thicker than on your average waders for fly fishing, and we are confident that this pair of waders will provide many years of reliable service.
- The doubled-over fabric on the knees of these waders mean they are suitable for the most demanding fisherman. If you find that you have quickly destroyed the paird of waders you have owned in the past, putting holes in the knees after just a few trips, these are the waders for you.
- A common problem with this kind of stocking waders is the waterproofing at the bottom of the legs, where the waders tuck into your boots. Unless this seal is complete, you will end up with wet feet after just a few minutes. The double-taped construction used with these waders avoids this problem.
- The pockets on this pair of waders are capacious, and have more than enough space for all the gear you need to have close to hand.
- Very few. As we said, in our opinion the superior waterproofing of boot-footed waders is to be preferred in most cases, but if you already have a pair of trusted boots, and just need the waders to pair with them, these are the best of this style available.